I’m constantly in need of new dinner ideas. You too? I also believe that soup is the world’s perfect food, no matter the season. My children don’t completely agree but I’m swaying them ever so slowly. I now have 2 out of 3 soup likers! Hurrah! They aren’t lovers yet. But they’ll eat it without complaint. We won’t talk about the third other than to say there were some gagging and choking noises. And that’ll be the end of that.
So when I saw a friends instagram photo the other day with the words Baked Potato Soup beneath it, I knew I had to investigate.
You guys. You need to make this for dinner. Like, tonight! It’s so good.
Recipe to follow. Please excuse the really bad phone pictures that were taken in a dimly lit kitchen. (sorry!)
This photo may or may not be included simply to show off my yellow pot.
embarrassed by horrible photo and wish the taste could transcend the visual
Baked Potato Soup
2/3 cup butter 4 green onions, chopped
1/3 cup corn starch 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
6 cups milk 1 cup sour cream
9 large baking potatos 12 slices of bacon
1. Bake potato in oven as you normally would. (400 degrees, 45 minutes, wrapped in foil)
2. Fry bacon and set aside.
3. Melt butter in large pot.
4. Slowly whisk in corn starch until butter is thickened.
5. Slowly add milk, stirring, until mixed into butter and cornstarch.
6. Scoop out insides of baked potatoes and add to milk mixture.
7. Chop green onions and 6 slices of bacon and add to pot.
8. Stir in sour cream and half of grated cheese.
9. Heat until temperature is where you desire. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Top with the rest of the bacon, cheese and green onions in individual bowls upon serving.
Voila! An amazing dinner that
my family most of my family loved! Enjoy.
p.s. if you make it and take a better picture of it than I did will you send it to me and I’ll replace my photo with yours? I’d be so grateful.