When summer rolls around all sense of order and routine head out the window. This includes any sort of meal planning. I’m usually very organized when it comes to this and do a monthly grocery shop just picking up the fresh items we need each week. As fall is nearing I can feel myself longing to get back into this routine. But I need some help! I need some new, relatively simple, family-friendly recipes to add to my repertoire! But before I just outright ask for your recipes I thought I should share one of my own!
Chicken Borscht and Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
4 litres of veggie or chicken broth – your choice
4-6 cups of chopped cooked chicken
6 large carrots
4 large potatoes
3 celery stalks
1/2 large cabbage (green)
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
4 bay leaves
2 cans tomato soup
1 tbsp dried dill
1. I always make this recipe the day after we have a roast chicken for dinner. After we eat the chicken I boil the bones for 20 minutes to make my own chicken stock. I then use this as the base for the soup.
2. Chop all veggies and chicken pieces into bite size chunks. Add to stock.
3. Add seasonings and tomato soup and stir
4. Bring to a slight boil and remain there until all veggies are cooked.
Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
4 cups of raw washed spinach
1 nectarine sliced into thin pieces
a handful of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup wine vinegar with raspberry juice
pinch of paprika
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 tbsp. poppy seeds
1. Add all ingredients into a sealable container and shake to mix.
2. Drizzle over spinach, nectarine and pumpkin seeds.
3. Eat and enjoy!
This is my favourite jar for mixing salad dressings. Plus if there’s leftover I can store it in the fridge to use the next day!
Now if you have a favourite recipe you’d like to share please blog it and link to it in the comments!
If you aren’t a blogger you may email me a recipe but please include a picture. I like to know what it’s suppose to look like!